Exbita requires installed and running Ethereum Node in different Linux based VPS server in order to sync with Ethereum Blockchain and get the latest transactions to update wallets and keep crypto wallets separately from the main Exbita server. The following guide below helps to get started.
These instructions belong to Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) based servers.
1. Ssh to the server and install packages using the command-line interface:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install nodejs
sudo apt install npm
npm install -g pm2
https://github.com/openethereum/openethereum/tags and download the latest release and unzip to home directory
3. Upload to the home directory
ethereum folder from Exbita's folder
4. Go inside
ethereum folder and run
npm install command
cp .env.example .env
.env file and enter required variables (all variables come with description)
7. Go to Exbita's
Admin Dashboard -> Site Settings -> Ethereum Node and fill credentials
8. Run downloaded Openethereum client by typing
openethereum command and keep it running
/path/to/openethereum --jsonrpc-apis traces,shh,web3,eth,net,parity,rpc --ws-hosts 127.0.0.1:8546 --chain mainnet --jsonrpc-port 9444 --ws-interface all --ws-origins all
9. Go inside ethereum folder you downloaded on Step 2 and run node app.js command and keep it running or use pm2 package previously installed.
10. Make sure you setup firewall (e.g. ufw) and disallow all income connections except for trusted ip addresses.
PLEASE NOTE: It takes several days (depends on server capacity) to sync ethereum node based on sync type. After this process finishes, the app will start displaying new transactions instantly. Also, make sure you run the command
pm2 set pm2:dump true to dump pm2 settings.
You can use our fully synced Ethereum Node (only MAINNET),so this way you don't need your own node and just connect to ours. Please create a ticket with your purchase code to get more info.